Meet Samantha, our Lead Pediatric Dental Assistant
Samantha is our Lead Pediatric Dental Assistant. She has over 12 years of experience. Samantha graduated from PIMA Medical Institute. She has been doing Pediatric Dentistry and Orthodontics for 13 years now! She is EDDA – Expanded duties skills for Dental Assistants and Nitrous Certified.
Samantha grew up in Frederick, CO. She has three kids. She loves camping and all outdoor activities and stays busy with all 3 kids in sports. Basketball, wrestling, volleyball mom! She loves spending Sundays watching football with her family. Go BRONCOS!!
In her words: “I got into Dentistry right after High School. And stayed in it because of how much I love the art of dentistry.”
Did you know that Dental Assistants typically do the following:
- Teach patients proper oral hygiene.
- Help patients to be more comfortable during the dental appointment.
- Make sure that patients are comfortable in the dental chair.
- Sterilize dental instruments.
- Hand instruments to dentists during a dental procedure.
- Dry patient’s mouths using suction hoses and other equipment.
- Process x-rays and complete lab tasks.
- Keep records of dental treatment.
- Ensures the operation of dental equipment by doing preventive maintenance tasks.